The Hub pharmacy Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) the data controller is the Hub pharmacy Limited of Paddock Business Centre, 2 Paddock Road, West Pimbo, Skelmersdale, WN8 9PL.
What is personal data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from the data.
Identification can be made from the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession, or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thehubpharmacy.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to acquire goods on our site, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
The Hub Pharmacy complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date, storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access and disclosure by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. All of our staff are aware of GDPR and understand the access and processing rules.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we Store your Personal Data
All of our computers including laptops and mobile telphones are both entry and program password protected. Laptops are encrypted to prevent access from unauthorised sources. Servers we use are hosted in data centres and have full security in place as have any back-ups.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. We will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please contact us through our Contact us page available by clicking here. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your Information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If The Hub pharmacy Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or
• to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Hub pharmacy Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Hub Pharmacy holds about you.
- The right to request that the Hub Pharmacy corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Hub Pharmacy to retain such data. (The right to be forgotten).
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time.
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller (known as data portability).
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction to be placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable).
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Offers (ICO) .