You may have received a letter in the post inviting you to use a repeat prescription service from an internet pharmacy called Pharmacy2U.
Due to the manner in which they are advertising, many patients may be confused and believe that this letter is an official approach from the NHS and that they are working with your local GP surgery.
This is not the case. Below is some important information about Pharmacy2U which we feel you should know:
- Pharmacy2U is not your local community pharmacy.
- Pharmacy2U is a distance selling (internet only) pharmacy which is based on an industrial estate.
- As a patient, you will not be able to speak face to face with any Pharmacy2U pharmacists or staff members. Pharmacy2U are only allowed to communicate with patients by post, telephone or on the internet over a webchat and not in person.
- Prescriptions from Pharmacy2U are delivered to their patients using the Royal Mail, unlike at the Hub pharmacy where your medication will be handed to you from one of our highly trained and local drivers.
- If you had any concerns regarding a particular medicine or wanted some expert advice you would not be able to go and speak to the pharmacist at Pharmacy2U.
- They would not be able to advise you in respect of any new medicines you have been prescribed or provide you with a Medicines Use Review to check you are using them correctly.
Here at the Hub pharmacy, we are able to order, dispense and deliver your medicines to your home for free and you can relax knowing they are coming from a local trusted pharmacy which you could visit and speak to a member of our pharmacy team if you had any questions.
We believe that an internet pharmacy business is no substitute for your local community pharmacy.
Please support us to continue caring for you and your family by choosing the Hub pharmacy to dispense your prescriptions.
Thank you for your support.